Launch your Management career at McDonald's and you'll learn right away that this is just a starting point. Countless Managers have advanced to higher-level positions throughout the organization. We want you to experience, learn and advance. And we'll prepare you with everything you need to do it.
Here, ambition is lightning in a bottle. If you want to explore the highest levels of our organization we're behind you 100%.
If you work for our great organization, your management career would likely follow a path like the one outlined below.
As a Manager Trainee, you are responsible for learning and understanding McDonald's policies and procedures in order to prepare for managing shifts in a McDonald's restaurant. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Learning the basics of restaurant operations through on-site training, area management and floor management.
Gaining experience with attaining and maintaining customer satisfaction.
Developing an understanding of basic supervision, human relations, interpersonal communication and follow-up skills.
Establishing an Individual Development Plan to help focus on personal career development objectives.
Ensuring that a respectful workplace exists in the restaurant.
Second Assistant Manager
As a Second Assistant Manager, you are responsible for managing people, products and equipment to execute outstanding Quality Service, Cleanliness and Value (QSC&V) on all assigned shifts. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Developing and training crew employees
Maintaining critical standards for product quality, service speed & quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
Managing shifts and /or areas without supervision
Ensuring all safety, sanitation and security procedures are executed
Controlling food components, labor, waste and cash while managing shifts and/or areas.
Completing all assigned shift paperwork
Ensuring that a respectful workplace exists in the restaurant
First Assistant Manager
As a First Assistant Manager, you are responsible for assisting the Restaruant Manager in executing virtually all aspects of the restaurant operations. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrating an dreinforcing the leadership behaviors and basic people standards necessary to gain commitment from crew adn other shift managers
- Recruiting, staffing, scheduling and retaining employees
- Managing the development of training of crew and shift management employees
- Building sales and controlling costs to deliver optimum business results for all areas of accountability
- Maintaining critical standards for product quality, service, speed and quality, cleanliness and sanitation
- Controlling assigned profit and loss line items
- Ensuring that a respectful workplace exists in the restaurant
The next level of restaurant is the Restaurant Manager. As a Restaurant Manager, you are responsible for the entire operation of a single McDonald's restaurant including:
- Developing and training Assistant Managers
- Measuring external customer satisfaction and executing plant to increase brand loyalty
- Implementing and conducting in-restaurant new products and procedures
- Ensuring execution of all security, food safety and maintenance of the restaurant
- Projecting and controlling accurate profit & loss line items
- Administering all in-restaurant records and procedures including benefits, payroll, inventories, security and employee personnel files.
- Ensuring that a respectful workplace exists in the restaurant.